Thursday, October 1, 2009

So the first day of home ownership went well. We were pretty productive, although Buddy is much more of a worker than me. My legs started hurting in the afternoon - I'm not used to being on my feet all day. I did make it until the end of the day, but there was some whining and complaining.

We reinstalled the GFCI outlets in the kitchen and 2 bathrooms with only one minor electrocution, but on the bright side, the breaker switches are now accurately labeled. We also replaced most of the lightbulbs with energy efficient CFL bulbs (this was my job as it was easy). We removed all of the kitchen cabinets and drawers and the hardware on them for cleaning and painting. I ran my first load of laundry (our volleyball shirts needed to be washed for tonight's game). Buddy replaced the toilet valve unit in the master bathroom, so now we have 2 working toilets!! He also swept out the garage, so now it is usable for the cabinet cleaning which is planned for today. We made another trip to Lowe's.....and even worked some coupon magic there. Which reminds me, I should probably look at the grocery ads for this week. We measured all the windows and blinds for replacements, although only 1 is really broken and 1 needs a turning handle.

Day 2 awaits...

No comments: