Monday, December 2, 2013

Christmas Traditions

I'm trying really hard to get into the season early and dive in head first - last year we waited too long, and it never really felt like I was ready for Christmas. This year, I'm going all in!

So, to get started, we started our tradition of the 25 Days of Christmas Cookies/Baking! We never actually make it through all 25 days, but part of the tradition is just trying!

Day 1: Holiday Snickerdoodles
Usually, I rely on Sharon to make the snickerdoodles (she is a way better chef), but since she's not in SC anymore, I decided to add them to my list this year (plus I had everything I needed at home without having to go to the store)....and they were great! It definitely helped get us into the Christmas spirit (along with some outside lights that Buddy put up and the fake tree that I put up - still not done with either, but it's a start). With 60 degree weather right now - the smell of baking cinnamon definitely helps it feel like Christmas! 

We also started a new tradition last year that we brought back this year - 25 Days of Christmas books. We read one each night before bed. I think it would definitely be fun with children, but for the time being - we read to each other and the kitties. 

Day 1: Snowmen at Christmas by Caralyn Buehner  
Love this book - great art, and there is a fun activity to search for on each page!

No comments: