Thursday, December 5, 2013

I'm dreaming of a white Christmas

Some days all you need is a good nap. Some of my favorite memories of Christmas are falling asleep on Christmas afternoon with the sisters while watching a movie with the Christmas tree lights shining in the other room. Today, I could have used a good nap like that - bundled up under a blanket with my family all around me, and the smell of Christmas dinner cooking (or the smell of the leftovers from Christmas breakfast wafting through the room). I'm sure Mom didn't appreciate all the times we fell asleep and didn't help cook or clean-up, but I know she appreciates a good nap just as much as the rest of us. As I've gotten older, I find that naps are more and more desired and less and less actually achieved. If I actually get to find time to take a nap, I either sleep entirely too long or not enough, and I yet, I still crave that little bit of snuggle time with my bed (and my kitties)!

Day 4 cookies: Blockbuster (raisinets and popcorn) - definitely a strange combination, and a popcorn kernel busted a friend's tooth.......so definitely not making the list next year!

Book 4: If you take a mouse to the movies by Laura Numeroff
Love this series, and the Christmas(y) theme of this one was a perfect book for last night!

No comments: