Wednesday, December 4, 2013

It's beginning to feel a lot like Christmas

Day 3: Fiesta Fudge cookies - definitely one of my favorites! I had some trouble finding Hershey Hugs this year and had to go with a mixed bag of kisses and hugs....so now to find something to do with those kisses.....

Buddy did the cookie baking last night, as I wasn't feeling well. They turned out so good! They even look festive! I spent a little time tonight decorating the house, and it's starting to feel a little more like Christmas. I'm not done yet, but a little every day is helping....here's hoping I can get it all done before the weekend so we can get a real tree this year to go with our fake one - yes we like to do two! As much as I really don't like being cold, I really think that would help with the whole Christmas spirit feeling....last weekend in Richmond definitely felt more holiday like than the weather right now here in Charleston.

Book #3 was Little Porcupine's Christmas by Joseph Slate 
It was alright - had a cute message, but I wasn't that into it. That might be because I wasn't feeling well - who knows. 

We are back to having "date night Wednesdays" - during Upward season, it's usually the only night we don't have something going on. A few years ago, we started alternating game night and craft night on Wednesdays, so we are trying to reinstitute that to have some fun time together where we enjoy each other and get some of our projects done. Tonight, I made one of those make it-bake it suncatchers for my office at work! Made me feel like a kid again, plus the turtle turned out really cute!  And now that I have a window, I think it will help with the depression I seem to always find myself facing in the winter time. Coming home from work in the dark is hard! I'm trying to find joy in the small things and stay focused on those - never thought it would be that hard, but being an adult and having responsibilities really takes its toll. Having a few minutes each night with Buddy to snuggle and read something light hearted and fun is definitely helping!  

No comments: